Linux Mint 7 RC1 Bug Thread

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
tux-sven
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint 7 RC1 Bug Thread

Post by tux-sven »

Hi kansasnoob,

No I had not installed hplip-gui, :oops: But NOW i have! And now hp-toolbox works as I hoped it should do!! :D
I have always used Suse with the KDE desktop before, and I can't remember I needed to install that. Perhapes it was included in some sort of automatic addition there?
In this fantastic Mint release I didn't do anything at all - all printer packages was installed automaticly. :D
Thank you very much! :wink:

I must say, it was a lot of qt4 packages installed! I think it was 14 packages added when I installet hplip-gui. After that it came an uppdate adding 23 more qt4 packages! I think that was rather heavy for only ment installing the hplip-gui? :shock:
kvaju
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kvaju »

So far so good, but gnome-do key and the menu key are the same, and mint update is not working like before (mint6), I just can update, it goes gray, and dont do anything.
JamesFox
Level 1
Level 1

"Open as Root" bug?

Post by JamesFox »

In Nautilus: When using the "Open as Root" option from the right-click context menu, I get the second window that opens in red as expected, but there are no folders or files visible (even though I can see them in the regular window.) I tested this and it happens in every folder.
willxtreme
Level 3
Level 3

Post by willxtreme »

willxtreme wrote:Appearance Preferences > Theme > Customize > Pointer

When you pick a new set of mouse pointers, it doesn't change automatically like in Felicia. You have to reboot your pc...
Got more infos on this: it occurs once the "NVIDIA proprietary drivers 180 (recommended)" are installed (in my case using a 8600 GTS)
willxtreme
Level 3
Level 3

Post by willxtreme »

Is it normal that when you delete a file it doesn't go through trash and just vanishes even when in Behavior it's set to "Ask before emptying the Trash or deleting files"
(my little brother found that bug when he tried to get a file he just deleted)
technobabel
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 7 RC1 Bug Thread VCD/MVCD freezes system

Post by technobabel »

Hi,

just discovered that as soon as I try to mount a VCD/MVCD the whole system just hangs. No way to get out of it except to hit the reset switch.
Secondly (not sure if it's a bug or if I just missed a change) when trying to switch to console (ctl+alt+F1) the screen stays black showing no login.

Cu
Chris
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Post by emorrp1 »

Willxtreme: There are two ways to remove a file in the right click: delete and move to deleted items folder (trash). The delete option does indeed have a prompt which warns you that continuing will *permanently* remove the file. The keyboard delete key is linked to the trash function. I find it more likely that your little brother was still in windows' "click ok on every dialog" mode (not his fault, I blame windows) than this behaviour didn't work as expected. Of course let us know if you can reproduce the bug though!
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
kvaju
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kvaju »

There are 14 recomended updates for me, but I can't do no update :S
It just goes black and white, and does nothing.
Help
willxtreme
Level 3
Level 3

Post by willxtreme »

emorrp1 wrote:Willxtreme: There are two ways to remove a file in the right click: delete and move to deleted items folder (trash). The delete option does indeed have a prompt which warns you that continuing will *permanently* remove the file. The keyboard delete key is linked to the trash function. I find it more likely that your little brother was still in windows' "click ok on every dialog" mode (not his fault, I blame windows) than this behaviour didn't work as expected. Of course let us know if you can reproduce the bug though!
Surprise surprise, I personally tried to just hit "Delete" key on my keyboard or move to trash yesterday when he told me about it and I wouldn't see the items in Trash myself. This morning (after I rebooted the PC), everything that was deleted yesterday night is in Trash! And if I delete a file now in either way (through "Delete" key or "move to trash"), I see it in trash. The glitch is curious.
Husse
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Husse »

Possible bug with mounting external drives
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=25669
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
kvaju
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kvaju »

Do you guys have gnome do plugins listed when you choose it. I choose official plugins, community plugins, all plugins, press refresh, but there are no plugins.
What should I do?
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dlkreations »

kvaju wrote:Do you guys have gnome do plugins listed when you choose it. I choose official plugins, community plugins, all plugins, press refresh, but there are no plugins.
What should I do?
Go to Synaptec package manager and do a seach for Gnome-Do, then plugins should show up. Just select them and install.
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
kvaju
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kvaju »

dlkreations wrote:
kvaju wrote:Do you guys have gnome do plugins listed when you choose it. I choose official plugins, community plugins, all plugins, press refresh, but there are no plugins.
What should I do?
Go to Synaptec package manager and do a seach for Gnome-Do, then plugins should show up. Just select them and install.
tnx, that helped. do you had the same problem?
dlkreations
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dlkreations »

When I tested Gloria, I did. but I am still using Felicia because I am not to happy with Jaunty.
It's perfectly OK to express an opinion, but refrain from foul and stupid language
- Husse
ayonkhan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ayonkhan »

OT:
dlkreations wrote:I am not to happy with Jaunty.
Same here.
=> FOSS Addict | Linux Enthusiast | KDE Fan
=> Linux Mint 14 KDE @ Desktop & HP ProBook 4530s
willxtreme
Level 3
Level 3

Post by willxtreme »

Why does Mint4Win (either with Felicia or Gloria RC1) re-downloads the 664MB image when I run it from my flash drive (created with USB Startup Disk Creator & Live CD). The bios of the laptop I want to install it on is too old to boot from usb sadly :cry:
willxtreme
Level 3
Level 3

Post by willxtreme »

Will you make an upgrade tool for Felicia users "mintupgrader-felicia-main" to go Gloria?
emorrp1
Level 8
Level 8

Post by emorrp1 »

As a response to the autoremove "bug", it's as a consequence of mint using metapackages to determine what to install. Since ubuntu does the same thing, if you uninstall one of the core apps, then you'd get the same result, yet it's not a problem for most ubuntu/mint users, just don't say yes to autoremove.
If you have a question that has been answered and solved, then please edit your original post and put a [SOLVED] at the end of your subject header
Hint - use a google search including the search term site:forums.linuxmint.com
kvaju
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kvaju »

ok, you all have bugs, and sooner or later, they will be fixed, and fix will come on mintupdate i supose.
but I can not make update, there are now 21 recomended updates for me, but I can't do any.
Is there any manual way to do these updates?
Steely
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Steely »

No bug to report here, just resetting the Subject back to Re: Linux Mint 7 RC1 Bug Thread . tunix77 please don't change the subject for this thread.

Thanks

Dale

Return to “Releases & Announcements”