Linux Mint 18.3 “Sylvia” KDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 18.3 “Sylvia” KDE released!

Post by clem »

deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 “Sylvia” KDE released!

Post by deepakdeshp »

That's great.
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
sphyrth

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 “Sylvia” KDE released! (Bittersweet)

Post by sphyrth »

I have to say farewell to a DE that I have yet to use.
Retic1959

Post by Retic1959 »

I'm hanging on to my Mint KDE till the bitter end , I'll have to jump ship after 2021 though .
tell

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 “Sylvia” KDE released! (Bittersweet)

Post by tell »

sphyrth wrote:I have to say farewell to a DE that I have yet to use.

It was my favourite! Too bad more didn't try it.
DeadlyDaddio

Post by DeadlyDaddio »

clem wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 am https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3481
Klem, I just wanted to say how impressed and amazed I've been over the years with you and your team and I am happy to report that in my 35 years as an IT guy, I have Never sold as many New & Used Mint systems as I have with the release of Linux Mint 18.3 x64 KDE - it has been stunning, so stable, fast beautiful and best of all nearly all users were converts from Windows, KDE making it so easy for everyone to get quickly comfortable with Mint in very short order! Not a single user has requested me to switch them back to Windows (something I offer in the 1st 30 days if they just can't make a go of it). I am entirely an AMD house, always have been and what's left of my MSI A88XM Gaming motherboards with A10 APUs has gone to and worked perfectly with Mint 18.3 x64 KDE - I so appreciate all you and your team do, it is without doubt, the best in the world today! I look forward to Tara 19 KDE when it comes but for now am very happy with 18.3! I also might suggest a Patreon page (assuming that makes sense to you and your team) as an option for sustainable monthly support... Quite sincerely, Daddio
Sgthawker
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sgthawker »

DeadlyDaddio wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:58 pm I look forward to Tara 19 KDE when it comes but for now am very happy with 18.3!
Unfortunately there will not be a release of Tara with KDE. No more Mint KDE
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI Tuf Gaming X570 Plus, Ryzen 7 5800X, GTX 3060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe
LM21.1 KDE/LM21.1 Cin/ UEFI on STRIX laptop, i7700 HQ, GTX 1060, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe
Sheridan-eipc

Post by Sheridan-eipc »

Oh my, guess I didn't see that one - well, it is understandable of course, I knew some time ago that KDE was essentially following a different drummer. Thing of it is, every time I test Mate or Cinnamon, I find issues that do Not seem to be in KDE. I do Love how fast M & C are but the interface still comes across a bit unpolished and old school Linux at times. Add to this that everyone, without exception so far has either gone back to Windows or KDE after trying out M & C, so my success rate is not very positive where as with KDE, it has been excellent! Well, will just have to trust the Mint deities, Klem & Team to work it all out - I believe in you guys, one and all! Thanks sgthawker for the clarity!
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

Sheridan-eipc wrote:... with KDE, it has been excellent.
And it will be for some time. LM 18.3 KDE is still supported until April 2021. :)

Joe

Return to “Releases & Announcements”