LMDE 3 “Cindy” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

LMDE 3 “Cindy” Cinnamon released!

Post by clem »

Harfud
Level 2
Level 2

Re: LMDE 3 “Cindy” Cinnamon released!

Post by Harfud »

Wonderful stuff - I found it on a US mirror a couple of days back, had a problem with Cinnamon running in software rendering mode on my old SIS graphics laptop which cured for installing Mate. Completed the migration, a few tweaks to make it more familiar and it's as smooth as LMDE2 which is high praise indeed because that was excellent. Many thanks team...
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

Thanks Clem and everyone for your hard work on LMDE! Great version to showcase Cinnamon on!
jeanpaulberes

Post by jeanpaulberes »

Dear Clem,
Dear Linux Mint Team / Cinnamon Team,

I would hereby thank you all and congratulate you for the wonderful, nice work you did for LMDE 3 Cindy.
It works smoothly, nicely AND I appreciate a lot the fact that 'eventually' newer software, such as f.i. newer libreoffice, can be installed through Flatpak !
This among some added Mint Tools (Software Manager, Software Updater, Timeshift, usage of Flatpak) is a great plus !

Best regards and greetings from Belgium,
Jean Paul BERES
y.black

Post by y.black »

Bigg thanx 2 the LMDE team

for develping an great os, have been using LMDE for 2 years now and for me it is the best.

Greetz
UncleOp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by UncleOp »

The upgrade to Cindy went pretty well. I am wondering if you could suggest answers or pointers to answers for two questions:
  1. what prevents LMDE from "rolling" more? E.g., what features require an "upgrade" vs. a series of "updates"?
  2. how can I find out about future upgrades? Specifically, I found out about LMDE 3 when the Update Manager started failing to find repositories because LMDE 2 was being obsolesced.
Regarding #2, Is there an email list or other form of push notification that would have let me know back in August that LMDE 3 was available? Or do I have to poke the forums or blogs on a monthly basis?

Thanks for a wonderful effort!
HighFive
Level 1
Level 1

Post by HighFive »

UncleOp wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 am
Regarding #2, Is there an email list or other form of push notification that would have let me know back in August that LMDE 3 was available? Or do I have to poke the forums or blogs on a monthly basis?

@ UncleOp,

At the bottom of every sub-forum, there is a "Subscribe forum" link. Go to the "Releases & Announcements" forum, at the bottom click on the "Subscribe forum" link to subscribe to that forum. You will be notified by email of any new posts to that forum. (You must be logged into the forum to see that "Subscribe forum" link.)
Lenovo X140e 11.6 in netbook. CPU~Quad core AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics.
UncleOp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by UncleOp »

At the bottom of every sub-forum, there is a "Subscribe forum" link. Go to the "Releases & Announcements" forum, at the bottom click on the "Subscribe forum" link to subscribe to that forum. You will be notified by email of any new posts to that forum. (You must be logged into the forum to see that "Subscribe forum" link.)
@ HighFive,

Thanks for the hint. Ironically, I had subscribed to this topic but have not seen any email. Hmm.
bodhin

Post by bodhin »

new here so what is the expected end date for lmde3? approxiamte is good enough.
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

quote from Clem,
We can’t commit to a particular support deadline for LMDE 3 as we can’t predict the release of LMDE 4.
bodhin

Post by bodhin »

ok thanks!!!!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”