Linux Mint 19.1 codenamed ‘Tessa’

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Ids

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 codenamed ‘Tessa’

Post by Ids »

Hi,
Maybe I missed something in the documentation, but how exactly do you upgrade Cinnamon from 19.0 to 19.1 beta?
I tried to ask this on https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3657#comments but unfortunately my post gets registered but not shown...
Thx.
Ids
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Ids wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:50 pm Maybe I missed something in the documentation, but how exactly do you upgrade Cinnamon from 19.0 to 19.1 beta?
Here is a way: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=282768 At your own risk, of course.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Ids

Post by Ids »

Thx for the quick reply! I'll give it a go in a Virtualbox VM first.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

The beta isn't official yet. There isn't and won't be an official upgrade path to the beta other than a fresh install. Soneone has posted an unofficial 'uograde' path on the forum. I don't recommend following it unless you are confident if fixing issues that might result.

Once 19.1 stable is announced likely around the end of the month an upgrade should be offered via Update Manager.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

smurphos wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:20 pm The beta isn't official yet. There isn't and won't be an official upgrade path to the beta other than a fresh install. Soneone has posted an unofficial 'uograde' path on the forum. I don't recommend following it unless you are confident if fixing issues that might result.

Once 19.1 stable is announced likely around the end of the month an upgrade should be offered via Update Manager.
This.

And to add an explanation for everybody's benefit: This is a beta test, not a sneak preview. Your bug reports are important. But only reports about bugs with the release. That's where a clean testing environment comes in. If you want to help with the beta testing, best use the .iso and test based on that.
LarryR
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LarryR »

catweazel wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:54 am
Hicinko wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 am Isn't it so that Asus motherboards are better performance wise.
Old wive's tale.
I agree but they are EXTREMELY reliable!
"Man will not seek what he does not know until he knows he does not know it." -- Socrates
"Woman has an open mind and skunks the men Socrates refers to." -- LarryR
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

I can't remember where I saw it, but I loaded up 19 on another drive, and did all the updates, and I'm sure I saw Mint 19.1 somewhere. Hmmm...got there and didn't even know it! :?
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
fermmm

Post by fermmm »

I've tested the 19.1 beta, we should be able to disable the new taskbar for a single application, otherwise the extra interaction cost of hovering the mouse, waiting and clicking the sub-instance is annoying for some applications like nemo where we do this very often, this is also a problem in windows. I've made a feature request in github for this, for all the people reading this that think the same than me, please post to show your support for this feature in this github post so maybe we can get the ball rolling:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/8104

Example image I did with gimp (it looks ugly because I did it fast):

Return to “Releases & Announcements”