Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Dragoon1

Re: Linux Mint 19.1 “Tessa” Cinnamon released!

Post by Dragoon1 »

So the blog says Linux Mint's code base won't get updated until 2020. Does this mean Linux Mint will be stuck on Ubuntu's 18.04 base until 2020?
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Dragoon1 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:47 am So the blog says Linux Mint's code base won't get updated until 2020. Does this mean Linux Mint will be stuck on Ubuntu's 18.04 base until 2020?
Linux Mint is always based on Ubuntu's LTS releases, Linux Mint 19 will use the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS base for its entire support duration until 2023, i.e. you won't have to reinstall for 5 years.

Linux Mint 20 will be based on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

If you want a distro with a faster release cycle then Mint is the wrong one for you.
Dorian_B
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dorian_B »

Hello Clem!
In my "Update Manager", with all updates up to date, "Upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa" does not appear (to Edit), using the mirrors.serverhost.ro/mint/packages (or mint.mirrors.telekom.ro/repos) servers for Main and ubuntu.mirrors.linux.ro/archive, secondary (bionic).
Please see what happens to alternative servers not having received all the updates (the correct version for mintupdate - v. 5.4.7) that to can switch to Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.
Mintupdate v. 5.4.7 appears only on the packages.linuxmint.com server.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Dorian_B wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:00 pm Hello Clem!
In my "Update Manager", with all updates up to date, "Upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa" does not appear (to Edit), using the mirrors.serverhost.ro/mint/packages (or mint.mirrors.telekom.ro/repos) servers for Main and ubuntu.mirrors.linux.ro/archive, secondary (bionic).
Please see what happens to alternative servers not having received all the updates (the correct version for mintupdate - v. 5.4.7) that to can switch to Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon.
Mintupdate v. 5.4.7 appears only on the packages.linuxmint.com server.
Wait for your mirror to update (usually won't take long) or reset Software Sources to default settings if you just cannot wait. ;)
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

I just installed LM 19.1 Cinnamon last night on my 2011 MacBook Pro 13", and thus far it seems very pleasantly snappy and stable.

Thanks, Clem and Co.!
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
xfrank
Level 5
Level 5

Post by xfrank »

Just upgraded to Tessa, all went fine. Faster and nicer than ever. Nice improvement! Thanks to Clem and the developer team! :)
Active Distros in my computers: LM21.1 (Mate,Xfce); MXLinux (Xfce)
JimTDI

Post by JimTDI »

Updated last night on my Mintbox Mini 2 Pro - played with it this morning for a few hours, very nice release! Excellent job Clem & Team and Happy Holidays to you all!
IDG

Post by IDG »

Do I really need to upgrade? Idon't have any issues with Cinnamon 19 except bad scaling with a few apps in 4K.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

IDG wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:33 pm Do I really need to upgrade? Idon't have any issues with Cinnamon 19 except bad scaling with a few apps in 4K.
No, you don't. But why not make a snapshot with Timeshift first, and then take the plunge? There's some fine new stuff in 19.1. The snapshot should make it easy for you to roll back if you should ever want to....
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
SantaFe
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SantaFe »

Did the upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1. Works fine, but..... If you use the "Modern" layout, then you can configure the mint menu, and other mint panel applets. If you choose the Traditional layout, it works, but several Mint Cinnamon Applets you can't configure, like the Menu, or Places. Weird. :o
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

SantaFe wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:04 pm Did the upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1. Works fine, but..... If you use the "Modern" layout, then you can configure the mint menu, and other mint panel applets. If you choose the Traditional layout, it works, but several Mint Cinnamon Applets you can't configure, like the Menu, or Places. Weird. :o
I'm sure that will fix itself if you log out and back in or do a Cinnamon restart (Ctrl-Alt-Esc).
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
timbol
Level 2
Level 2

Post by timbol »

Clean install of 19.1; icons and the "look" is so much clearer. Seems to tick along more quickly on my old laptop compared to previous versions
Thanks
freekvb

Post by freekvb »

Just upgraded 19.0 to 19.1, took me 30 min. of my time, no problems what so ever. Restarting in my Cinnamon setup, looks as I configured, restarting in my BSPWM setup (favorite and daily use) and .. works like a charm .. and I'm happy (again) .. :D

Return to “Releases & Announcements”