How to upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

How to upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1

Post by clem »

Zero86Sk

Re: How to upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1

Post by Zero86Sk »

I have linux mint 19 but i dont see the option to upgrade to 19.1
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Zero86Sk wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 am I have linux mint 19 but i dont see the option to upgrade to 19.1
Refresh Update Manager. If you don't see any update to that one, wait for your mirror to catch up or, if you're in a hurry, go Mint menu > Software Sources > Restore the default settings and then refresh Update Manager, you should see the updates required to get the upgrade option to show up.
Distorted
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Distorted »

gm10 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 am
Zero86Sk wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 am I have linux mint 19 but i dont see the option to upgrade to 19.1
Refresh Update Manager. If you don't see any update to that one, wait for your mirror to catch up or, if you're in a hurry, go Mint menu > Software Sources > Restore the default settings and then refresh Update Manager, you should see the updates required to get the upgrade option to show up.
i did exactly what GM10 said to do and i got the option to upgrade just now
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

Upgrading to Linux Mint 19.1 is relatively easy.

In the Update Manager, click on the Refresh button to check for any new version of mintupdate and mint-upgrade-info. If there are updates for these packages, apply them.

Launch the System Upgrade by clicking on “Edit->Upgrade to Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa”.
curious if the upgrade option gets removed after the upgrade. i don't have this option

Code: Select all

mint02@tara:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	LinuxMint
Description:	Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
Release:	19.1
Codename:	tessa
mint02@tara:~$
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

trytip wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:40 pm curious if the upgrade option gets removed after the upgrade.
Yes, it does.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
IDG

Post by IDG »

I'm running Cinnamon 19 and have tweaked it a lot with applets, themes and system settings. Will all those settings and tweaks still remain after upgrading to 19.1? Will there be a issue if you have several accounts?

Return to “Releases & Announcements”