Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” Xfce released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” Xfce released!

Post by clem »

sjmathis
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint 19.3 “Tricia” Xfce released!

Post by sjmathis »

Thanks for providing the light weight version of Mint for those of us with older hardware. I'm running XFCE on an old laptop (Toshiba Notebook 505) and I've successfully upgraded it from 19.2 to 19.3. I have a couple of questions. The upgrade went fine, but I lost the solid desktop color that I had set. Not a big problem, as I had noted the color I was using and I thought I could simply set it again. However, when I tried to do that, I found that the menu for setting the desktop display is a little larger than my screen. I can set the color, but I can't see the close button at the bottom of the window, which I guess completes the process. I tried moving the window up with ALT drag as per the release notes, and it will move down, but not up? The window doesn't shrink (using re-size) any further than it is at present. Is there any way to decrease the default size of windows? Can I reset the display to solid color using terminal commands?
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

sjmathis wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:06 am I have a couple of questions.
Okay, but rather than asking them in an announcement thread, please post them in the appropriate section of the forum. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
sjmathis
Level 3
Level 3

Post by sjmathis »

Sorry! This seemed like the appropriate spot to ask my question :oops: Please point me to the correct place.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

The Xfce section comes to mind. Thank you for understanding!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Releases & Announcements”