Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Cinnamon released!

Post by MrEen »

rene wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 pm"Hi. Could you please assist me with Fornicator on Mint Dementia based on Ubuntu Raunchy Rabbit LTS (colloquially, "raunchy") as sprung from Debian Banana? Thanks!"
While I agree with your wish, that there was a hoot! :lol:
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

rene wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:44 pm
AZgl1500 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 pm IF,
you had read the Release notes, Clem already addressed the Name of Warpinator.....
which got the highest votes of all other names combined.
There's nothing in the release notes about the name; you are thinking of April's monthly news, https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3890. And the current name most certainly did not "get the highest votes of all other names combined" even if this were so only because there never was a vote: "but many people liked it and after hearing it so much we kind of get used to it.".

Of course it's a horrible name and many other people did not like it. "Hi. Could you please assist me with Fornicator on Mint Dementia based on Ubuntu Raunchy Rabbit LTS (colloquially, "raunchy") as sprung from Debian Banana? Thanks!". Really wish this cutename epidemic finally leaves software again after its unwelcome stint of 20 or so years now.
I think you are right..... I just remember reading it, and didn't separate that from the Release Notes.

I will say though, that when I first started trying to figure out Linux Mint, I was extremely distressed at the gawd awful names that the devs used their stuff.... to me, it was really ridiculous, but I came to learn, that is "just how it is" and to get on with life.

"Catfish" is a terrific search engine, but I think it could have a better name.
I get the corollary, and catfish live deep down in the mud of our local river banks.... and their flesh is a dirty yellow.

Contrast that to "Blue Channel catfish" which are farm raised usually, and very tasty.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
farkas
Level 5
Level 5

Post by farkas »

I don't really care what it is called. As long as it WORKS.
If your query has been resolved, edit your first post and add [SOLVED] to the subject line.
If you found a solution on your own please post it.
A generation which ignores history has no past and no future.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”