Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Xfce released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
deck_luck
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Xfce released!

Post by deck_luck »

The Debian XFCE is ugly, and I am too lazy to run all around the internet to make it easy on the eyes. Linux Mint already makes XFCE easy on the eyes, and a stable Debian version of Linux Mint with XFCE would be very exciting.
🐧Linux Mint 20.3 XFCE (UEFI - Secure Boot Enabled) dual boot with Windows 11

Give a friend a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach a friend how to fish, and you feed them for a lifetime. ✝️
Ramblin

Re: Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Xfce

Post by Ramblin »

Goro Daimon wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:08 pm Unfortunately I had to use TimeShift and downgrade to Mint Tricia. My Scanner does not work on Mint 20.

viewtopic.php?p=1846480#p1846480
My scanner stopped working (HP Multi-function) but that is because the previous drivers were removed during the upgrade.

Reinstall the drivers and all is good

Did you try that?
Goro Daimon
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Xfce

Post by Goro Daimon »

Ramblin wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:02 pm
Goro Daimon wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:08 pm Unfortunately I had to use TimeShift and downgrade to Mint Tricia. My Scanner does not work on Mint 20.

viewtopic.php?p=1846480#p1846480
My scanner stopped working (HP Multi-function) but that is because the previous drivers were removed during the upgrade.

Reinstall the drivers and all is good

Did you try that?
I tried Linux Mint 20 XFCE in live USB and the problem continues. In Mint 19.3 live usb the scanner works normal.
dona13
Level 2
Level 2

Post by dona13 »

Hello. the new XFCE desktop environment version 4.16 will be released soon. Will it be included in a future update to Mint 20 ? Thank you
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

dona13 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:01 pm Hello. the new XFCE desktop environment version 4.16 will be released soon. Will it be included in a future update to Mint 20 ? Thank you
Not in a regular update but you can expect it in Linux Mint 20.1 or 20.2. There's a minor release like that every 6 months and if a Xfce stable release is done in time it will be included in the next Linux Mint release development cycle. On https://blog.linuxmint.com/ there will be news about such and also an announcement when upgrading from Linux Mint 20 to 20.1 is available (you will be able to upgrade through Update Manager without having to reinstall Linux Mint).

Return to “Releases & Announcements”