Linux Mint 20.1 “Ulyssa” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 20.1 “Ulyssa” Cinnamon released!

Post by clem »

chalarm

Re: Linux Mint 20.1 “Ulyssa” Cinnamon released!

Post by chalarm »

Great news,

Hope there will be a upgrade within mint from 20 to 20.1 through mintupgrade perhaps which isn't available as package in the repo afaik.
Buffy

Post by Buffy »

Yay! \o/

Thanks for all the hard work making another release! :)
JoeBingo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JoeBingo »

Thank You !!! ... up and running Mate here with no problems
greengreen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by greengreen »

Has this improvement been postponed in Linux Mint 20.1?
The clickable region of the titlebar buttons in the Mint-Y theme is still small. :(
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3969
I enjoy using LM, but do not feed the trolls.
chalarm

Post by chalarm »

For those whom are interested i managed to upgrade from 20 -> 20.1 without any 'damage' and this was done by changing my apt sources and performing a dist-upgrade as there's no official way i would for now claim that this is a unofficial way of getting there and maintaining all my packages and data.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

The official upgrade method will come along with another announcement. Some people interested in upgrading to 20.1 just need to exercise a little more patience :)
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
gungosh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gungosh »

antikythera wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:49 am The official upgrade method will come along with another announcement. Some people interested in upgrading to 20.1 just need to exercise a little more patience :)

I AM PATIENT!!!!!!!

:wink:
DPM
Level 4
Level 4

Post by DPM »

antikythera wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:49 amSome people interested in upgrading to 20.1 just need to exercise a little more patience :)
What I'm wondering - how would the conversion to the unified file system layout work from within the system? Wouldn't the system run the risk of barfing if it tries to access something right when switching over?
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

DPM wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:07 am Wouldn't the system run the risk of barfing if it tries to access something right when switching over?
Could be what they testing and sorting out

EDIT - https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=4020

I've just run usrmerge on my running LMDE4, nothing broke ;)
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Buffy

Post by Buffy »

On the ones I updated, it looks like usrmerge makes changes in some queue that gets run either just before or just after the reboot, when other services/programs aren't running.
chalarm

Post by chalarm »

antikythera wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:49 am The official upgrade method will come along with another announcement. Some people interested in upgrading to 20.1 just need to exercise a little more patience :)
Or just need to know how linux works :-) anyways, its pretty much the samething i did. :-)
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

chalarm wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:54 am For those whom are interested i managed to upgrade from 20 -> 20.1 without any 'damage' and this was done by changing my apt sources and performing a dist-upgrade as there's no official way i would for now claim that this is a unofficial way of getting there and maintaining all my packages and data.
I followed the same path for 19.3 to 20 and 20 to 20.1
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

How on earth did I ever manage before without Hypnotix and the Baywatch TV Channel? Oh yeah, I got some work done :lol:
Da Londo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Da Londo »

Thank you all for the hard work, another great release.
aka Jim on HexChat
Joan_2018

Post by Joan_2018 »

After some years far away from this OS and working on MacOS (home) and Windows (Office), I have returned to Linux Mint. I am using a MacBookPro 15" from 2.012, and no big problems to work properly. Thanks for your hard work !
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<mod> blkair's problem report can be found here: Installing Linux Mint 20.1 failed, returned to LM 19.1 </mod>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Releases & Announcements”