Monthly News – April 2021

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Monthly News – April 2021

Post by clem »

MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Monthly News – April 2021

Post by MurphCID »

That is very nice, and thank you.
Da Londo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Da Londo »

I like that Android Warpinator fact alot.
aka Jim on HexChat
Trepie
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Trepie »

Spices and FlatPaks being added to the Update Manager is fantastic!
Ezee1015
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Ezee1015 »

Hi! Here's a noob. One question: I understand that the Warpinator application for the cell phone is Open Source Software, but how do I know that the developer has not put "other things" on it when they had compiled? Not that I disparage the project or the developer. I love the project and congratulate everyone who made it possible. But what I say goes beyond this project, but all open source pre-compiler software, be it .apk or .deb or .appimage. How can I know, or what certainty gives me that when installing the pre-compiled one it does not bring "other things"? Still, beyond this question, I much prefer FOSS than proprietary software. Thank you very much to all and greetings!!
Last edited by Ezee1015 on Mon May 03, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"La diferencia entre Windows y un virus es que el virus es gratis."
-------------------------------
"A computer is like air conditioning - it becomes useless when you open Windows" ~ Linus Torvalds
dorsetUK
Level 5
Level 5

Post by dorsetUK »

[b wrote:Ezee1015[/b] post_id=2010403 time=1619968464 user_id=287437]
...how do I know that the developer has not put "other things" on it?
Hi Ezee1015

Please don't install something unless you can read the source code, or trust the dev. But, it's got Clems OK and he's never let me down.

Best say 'yet'. :lol:
Ezee1015
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Ezee1015 »

Yes, I know that I can read the code, but who can know that the developer don't put other things when he/she compiled it? This is my cuestion. But, how i said in my last post, this is not I disparage the project or the developer. I love the project and congratulate everyone who made it possible, but what I say goes beyond this project, but all free and/or open source pre-compiler software.
"A computer is like air conditioning - it becomes useless when you open Windows" ~ Linus Torvalds
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

Today we’re delighted to announce that Warpinator is now also available for Android.
now, that will be an handy idea .
8)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
NFA
Level 3
Level 3

Post by NFA »

Code: Select all

Unread post by Ezee1015 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 pm

Yes, I know that I can read the code, but who can know that the developer don't put other things when he/she compiled it? This is my cuestion. But, how i said in my last post, this is not I disparage the project or the developer. I love the project and congratulate everyone who made it possible, but what I say goes beyond this project, but all free and/or open source pre-compiler software.
It's those computer chips in cctv, automobiles and airplanes that worry me.

That's why I'm building an underground bunker with no connection to the outside world at all.

You can't be too careful I say.
It takes considerable knowledge, just to realize the extent of my own ignorance. -- Thomas Sowell
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Ezee1015 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 am Yes, I know that I can read the code, but who can know that the developer don't put other things when he/she compiled it? This is my cuestion.
It's a valid question, please post it as a new topic. This is an announcement topic, that means it's not the best place to get questions answered. Thanks!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
busdriver12
Level 3
Level 3

Post by busdriver12 »

Having not had another machine to use Warpinator with, it's nice to put it through its paces with my Android phone now :)
Phil

Linux Mint 21.3
Cinnamon 6.0.4
Ezee1015
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Ezee1015 »

Moem wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:17 am
Ezee1015 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:54 am Yes, I know that I can read the code, but who can know that the developer don't put other things when he/she compiled it? This is my cuestion.
It's a valid question, please post it as a new topic. This is an announcement topic, that means it's not the best place to get questions answered. Thanks!
I just did. Thanks so much to you

Return to “Releases & Announcements”