Monthly News – May 2021

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Monthly News – May 2021

Post by clem »

Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Monthly News – May 2021

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

Will Bulky be available to use on Mint 19.3?
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
lambleeg
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lambleeg »

Mint 20.2 will be shipped with Cinnamon 5? As I can see Nemo will be 5.0 at least
Grateful4Linux
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grateful4Linux »

I'm looking forward to the Nemo 5.0 content search upgrade, but I am unfamiliar with this terminology -- "Regular expressions and recursive folder searches will be supported." What does that mean exactly? Can anyone provide a few examples? Thank you very much, and I apologize if this is common knowledge among other users.
~Maria
newlyminted7
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newlyminted7 »

Does the "Nemo Content Search" feature use an index file (like Zeitgeist, for example)? Or is it just using something like grep?
timbol
Level 2
Level 2

Post by timbol »

Grateful4Linux wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:13 pm I'm looking forward to the Nemo 5.0 content search upgrade, but I am unfamiliar with this terminology -- "Regular expressions and recursive folder searches will be supported." What does that mean exactly? Can anyone provide a few examples? Thank you very much, and I apologize if this is common knowledge among other users.
My (limited) understanding is that a recursive search follows the directory structure. If you ask for a recursive search of "Home" then you'll search the contents of "Home", its files and its sub-directories, files and sub-directories within the sub-directories, etc
Regular expressions can be massively complex so I'd hunt an explanation down on the web, but a simple example is to search for "min" and you'd find "minimal", "minimum", "minute", etc
Grateful4Linux
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Grateful4Linux »

timbol wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:11 am
Grateful4Linux wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:13 pm I'm looking forward to the Nemo 5.0 content search upgrade, but I am unfamiliar with this terminology -- "Regular expressions and recursive folder searches will be supported." What does that mean exactly? Can anyone provide a few examples? Thank you very much, and I apologize if this is common knowledge among other users.
My (limited) understanding is that a recursive search follows the directory structure. If you ask for a recursive search of "Home" then you'll search the contents of "Home", its files and its sub-directories, files and sub-directories within the sub-directories, etc
Regular expressions can be massively complex so I'd hunt an explanation down on the web, but a simple example is to search for "min" and you'd find "minimal", "minimum", "minute", etc
I see. Thank you very much, that was very helpful! :)
~Maria

Return to “Releases & Announcements”