Merchandising via CafePress.com

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
aapiethaaap
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aapiethaaap » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:23 pm

I as an european love spreadshirt!
It has the paying options i want and low shipping costs, could you get the other t-shirts there too, and especially the mug Its listed under gifts :)?

deadguy
Level 5
Level 5

Post by deadguy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:58 am

Very nice stuff!!
I ordered the mousepad and ball cap 8)

Ede
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Ede » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:36 pm

Clem: Yes, you did the shirt properly. =) I'ts ordered, expect a picture of me, proudly wearing my shirt, in 11 days from now. Or so.

Ok, seems like I can give up to 5 persons $5 discounts (if you buy stuff for over $50), if you'we not ordered from there before. I will keep the page up for a couple of hours. If you consider buying, send me a pm with your email-adress and I'll send you a $5 discount. :3

Btw, cool that you use my avatar, but it's not flawless. Let me give you a better one, one that looks more consistent. :3

http://endre.suxos.org/linux/Mint_Love_icon.png
There!

dberg918
Level 2
Level 2

Post by dberg918 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 am

Is it possible to get a cheaper version of the Dark Shirt? I like that logo with nothing on the back, but I feel like $30 for one tshirt is a little outrageous.

Even if it's just a white shirt, like the value t-shirt, that's ok. If no one else is interested in it, don't worry about it. You don't have to do it just for me. Maybe I'll get a mousepad instead...but I WILL get something! I want to show my support!

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:10 pm

I agree, the prices are very high. Unfortunately there's little we can do, most of the money goes to cafepress and we only add $5 to it. If we were to buy bulk tshirts and sell them ourselves we'd probably be able to sell them for $7 or $8, maybe $10 with shipping... we have the money to do this and to get some stock but it would take time to take orders, ship things out... and it's not something we want to spare our time doing :)

Eventually we might do that as once-offs, maybe just take names and take pre-orders and ship everything at once... or if we ever organize an event or a meeting, give away merchandising or sell them on site for very cheap.

The price here is quite high but the advantage is simple: we don't have to spend time on it, cafepress deals with orders, shipping and all the things we don't want to waste time doing. They're expensive but it's hassle free. So definitely not the cheapest way to get branded tshirts but one of the only ways where it doesn't involve us actively waste time away from developing the distro ;)

Clem

clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:07 am

I just received some items from the shop, some are very good, some are very bad, have a look:

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=104

Clem

Return to “Releases & Announcements”