DONATIONS

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
AlsaPhil

DONATIONS

Post by AlsaPhil »

Clem,

It could be interesting that you present here to the community a list of hard-, software or services you need for better developing Linux Mint with literary appreciation and cost.
So the motivated persons will have the possibility under this topic to express their will to sponsor this or this.
A little bit as a wedding list :lol:
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

At present I don't need any hardware/software. Mint is still a home-made little distribution and I don't have anybody to pay or costs to clear (well appart from Servage's one and what I owe to Michael). I'm basically investing in three things at the moment: dedicated hosting, advertising on distrowatch and working time. Thanks to your donations I don't actually have to pay it myself. I'm getting a bit of profit from the total of the ads and the donations but it's not enough for me to quit my job and work full time on the project. It's enough though for me to work on Linux Mint instead of working extra-time for my company as the money income from mint allows me to keep the same income and reduce my company work-time to 37.5H (minimum core time) a week.

The next step is for me to start working full time on mint. And if a company gets created then to start hiring people, pay their salary and start supporting more sub-projects. At the moment we're far from that though :)

for curiosity: the hardware used is the one I owned before (sony Vaio T2XP, Compaq Presario 1715AP) and it's fine for the current purpose. If we grow more I'd like to invest more in testing.. but rather than buying a new computer for that, I'd like to hire someone and delegate that work. the software used is free and libre. It's mostly python, perl, gtk, reconstructor, GNU tools, gimp.. etc. I don't need to invest in that at all. The real needs for this distribution are: more hosting, more advertising, more development, more testing. That's where the money goes. Hardware and Software investments are not really needed at this stage.

Clem
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

I really like these geeks :lol: :lol: :lol: Spectacular :lol:
and I especially like this home-made little distribution I am using exclusively since November 2006, 16th. 8)
npap
Level 6
Level 6

DONATIONS

Post by npap »

Ok!
I am trying to find a way to donate to the project myself.
This 'home made distribution' is worth supporting since it actually is everybody's project.
And I think, what makes a distro great is not the numerous packages that it offers( which most of the time are redundant).
The greatness comes with the human aspect. Let everybody take an active part in shaping up the distro.

Regards, npap
gramnemo
Level 2
Level 2

DONATIONS

Post by gramnemo »

I too wish to help the project as tell where translation to send or western union ?
npap
Level 6
Level 6

DONATIONS

Post by npap »

I wonder if there could be a PO Box somewhere where we could send in our donation, since most people don't have a credit card.
starkey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by starkey »

Yes, I don't have credict card neither and I want to donate.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi Starkey,

The paypal website says "Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account.". I'm not sure exactly how that works but it looks like you can create a paypal account and register a bank account without a credit card..

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's OK Zonamint, money is great but as you mentioned it's not the only way to contribute. Thanks for your support.

Clem.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I would suggest an organised approach to setting up a high quality, community maintained, manual

take a look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/

Take into account we already have several tutorials and howtos posted on the forums...

I suggest we use the wiki for this purpose... and than when we actually do have some work done, someone might be able to make it save as an offline document... some kind of script to save the wiki offline? Perhaps as PDF? Not really my area... perhaps even synchronisation between offline content through synaptic? somebody already mentioned that...

anyhow... we should of course start with a table of contents... and than anyone can add to it...

we should also create a certain quality standards document

how about security of the wiki? I also don't know much about this area... is the data backed up? Can we revert to previous settings in case of vandalism? Are we gonna allow anyone to edit?
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

and... is this the start of the mintDocumentation or mintHelp project? :D

Return to “Releases & Announcements”