Linux Mint Xfce RC (201104) released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
casey972oo

Re: Linux Mint Xfce RC (201104) released!

Post by casey972oo »

DrTeeth wrote: ... At least try to help yourself first.

DrT
Yeah ! ... that's exactly what I'm used to do ! ...

casey972oo

Post by casey972oo »

DrTeeth wrote:I am having Unable to apply changes, fix broken packages first errors.

I am trying to update/upgrade from the command line as I have before. Being a noob, something is tripping me up that I have not seen before. At some point there is a reading of the checklogs. One comes into view for 'usb-modeswitch-data'. How can I close this to continue with the upgrade?

UPDATE: Just on a whim, I used Synaptic to mark all upgrades, and all seems to be working...252 packages busy downloading. The problem could be with mintupdate, which shows 255 packages to upgrade though.

TIA

DrT
this problem with ... " fix broken packages first " ... is .. [solved] .. allready ! ...

do update ... ' mintUpdate ' first ! ... and only this Package ! ... after this ... this error-message will be gone ! ...

or run : sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade ! ... this can do the trick also ! ...

at least ... try to help yourself first ! ...

casey972oo

AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

Peppermint makes heavy use of cloud computing: programs that run on some Web server, and not on your computer. That means there are much less MB's to copy.
But 3 hours is indeed very strange.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”