(SOLVED) how to edit autostart - Mint 12 LXDE?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
veganpete

(SOLVED) how to edit autostart - Mint 12 LXDE?

Post by veganpete »

Hi friends, have been using LXDE Mint 12 for a few days now and really like it (moved over from Ubuntu because I hated unity and gnome 3).

I would to know please how to add commands to the autostart file. When I edit it with leafy and then try to save, I get an access denied error :s

I'm trying to get compiz and xscreensaver to initiate at startup rather than launching them manually each time on my netbook.

Thank you.
Last edited by veganpete on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
seppalta

Re: how to edit autostart?

Post by seppalta »

You need to be root to edit autostart. In Pcmanfm click tools, then Open current folder as root to open directory containing autostart. Now whatever you do to the autostart file can be saved. http://douwil7.100webspace.net/linux/Tuning.html
veganpete

Re: how to edit autostart?

Post by veganpete »

Thanks - got it working now :)

pressed 'alt and F2' and typed "leafpad", clicked "open as root" and also clicked "open with file" (then navigated to the autostart which is in "filesystem/etc/xdg/lxsession/mint-lxde/autostart/")

added "@compiz --replace"
added "xscreensaver"
clicked save and closed and rebooted, works like a charm.

Thankns for help :D
Loving Mint LXDE!!! Perfect Desktop environment.
anonymousparis

Re: (SOLVED) how to edit autostart - Mint 12 LXDE?

Post by anonymousparis »

After 5 years meddling and cushing with it in almost every voyage, Linux Mint 12 LXDE showed no problems at all and what's most impressive, in comparison with newest Linux Mint 18, the older one is 3 times faster and works on all computers, even those old ones, which is a very good from the point of view of origins of creation of Linux: fast and furious, not slow and buggy. More and more newer versions are closer the bad way to the "other very known system".
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: (SOLVED) how to edit autostart - Mint 12 LXDE?

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Please don't necropost. Locking the thread now.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Software & Applications”