A sugestion from a long time user

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
roadrash
Level 2
Level 2

A sugestion from a long time user

Post by roadrash »

Hi I thought it time I mentioned somethng I find a weakness & something that puts me off using Mint now. I have recently (this year) switched over to using Ubunu on my main pc & its only quite literally a cosmetic reason. While I like a lot of whats in Linux Mint I cant stand the green color everywhere. I always change it but its frustraiting because Mint doesn't come with enough alternative themes that remove all the green totally and use other colours. Even now I have the LXDE desktop version on a Acer revo Mini PC I use as a media player but after a lot of messing around I have changed a lot of the desktop & windows by using other themes but still I find the top of all the Windows have a green bar & all the icons are green. I like the Mint Icon set but thats fine as long as you like green because there is not any other option. Even if mint came with a alternative std Debian or Ubuntu theme so there is a choice that is easy for a newbie to install without having to download themes elswhere or having to use the terminal to edit setup files or copy icons as sudo into Usr\share\icons which will put some off.
Please Mint give users more choice in the cosmetic department.

oh and can someone tell me how I get rid of the green at the top of my windows on the LXDE desktop.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: A sugestion from a long time user

Post by xenopeek »

Linux Mint 12 was the last release to come with a LXDE edition. So though we welcome your feedback and input, this isn't actionable as the LXDE edition of Linux Mint has been discontinued (see "News and summary" here: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2051). I'm sorry to be the bringer of bad news :( Of course, you can still easily install LXDE on top of any current Linux Mint release by installing the meta package "lxde". You will be running the stock LXDE as available in Ubuntu or Debian, without the customizations to themes and other artwork as previously done by the Linux Mint developers.

Hopefully somebody can else can help you with your support request, on how to remove the green colour from the top of your windows.
roadrash
Level 2
Level 2

Post by roadrash »

I am sorry to hear this. The LXDE edition was a nice lightweight version for low power computers and netbooks like the Acer Revo with its Intel atom processor. Thanks for the Info though I will do as you say and install the LXDE desktop to another version in future. Sorry if I sounded critical but while I dont mind the green of Linux Mint its not my colour of choice & anyway its nice to re-decorate the Desktop environment every now & again.
ausmuso

Post by ausmuso »

roadrash wrote: oh and can someone tell me how I get rid of the green at the top of my windows on the LXDE desktop.
Sorry, Roadrash, I can't quite see your problem. I have been using Mint with LXDE desktops for some years, most recently Mint 13 with LXDE on top, and I have never had a problem getting rid of green or any other colour I didn't like (like Ubuntu brown). Just make sure you have Gnome's Clearlooks Icon theme installed. If not, then download and install it.
Then, from your LXDE desktop's menu, go to "preferences" -> "Customize Look and Feel"
Then set Widgets to ClearLooks and select Gnome Icon Theme. Presto . . . no green in sight!

Return to “Software & Applications”