Problems with shutdown and logout on Custom DE

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
banchev

Problems with shutdown and logout on Custom DE

Post by banchev »

Hi there! Im trying to build a custom Desktop consisting of mate-panel, Docky, Cajo and Kwin. Its working ok so far, but I can neither log out or shut down using the mate-panel. Ive done a lot of googleing which suggested running a session-manager with it, but running cinnamon-session alongside didnt help either. If its of any interest, gksudo applications like synaptic will not start using to panel too.
Heres my init-script:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
#cinnamon-session --session=mydesktop &
mate-panel &
docky &
caja --no-default-window &
mate-settings-daemon &
gnome-keyring-daemon &
exec kwin
Can someone help me with this? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
banchev

Re: Problems with shutdown and logout on Custom DE

Post by banchev »

ok, got it kind of figured out:
mate-panel calls for shutdown and stuff via Dbus-Message to org.mate.SessionManager, which doesnt exist because i dont want to use mate-session (not really cusomizable). cinnamon-session-quit --logout works fine, as long as cinnamon-session is running as the main process (exec cinnamon-session as a last line of the initialization script). So the new question is:

is there some way to make mate-panels shutdown/logout/lockscreen buttons run a shell script instead of sending dbus messages?

Return to “Software & Applications”