Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
PiEp
Level 1
Level 1

Experiences with Mint 5 Fluxbox?

Post by PiEp »

Hi there,

I have a spare box with 384MB memory that I have been trying to find a good distro for. Since I am running Mint 5 Main (Gnome) edition on my 'main' box, I was looking for something different. I just recently installed Sidux on it and this runs fine, but I really like Mint and am very interested in trying the Mint 5 Fluxbox CE.

Does anyone have any experiences to share yet?
4Orbs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Experiences with Mint 5 Fluxbox?

Post by 4Orbs »

Installed it several hours ago, and am enjoying Mint FB CE very much. Took a short while to sort out the screen resolution and dvd playback. and now all works great, looks great, sounds great and feels quite smooth and quick. Congratulations to all those involved for building such a nifty distro. :D
Desktop: Intel i5 4590, ram 8 gb 1600 DDR3, Samsung 830 SSD 128 gb, storage-platters WD Black 1tb, WD Blue 1 tb. NVIDIA GTX 760. Folgers Coffee.
wlake
Level 2
Level 2

Post by wlake »

I also wish to congratulate the Fluxbox team. I installed it yesterday and so far everything has worked out of the box. I haven't installed the Nvidia drivers yet though. Even though I don't have old hardware. I am really enjoying this distribution. It is very fast and responsive. For me this is probably the first positive experience I have had with Wicd as opposed to network manager. Again congrats.
Regards,
wlake
azurehi
Level 1
Level 1

Post by azurehi »

fluxbox installation hangs and then stops when the partitioner reaches 46%, so I have been unable to proceed with the installation. I have 4 linux partitions and am attempting to replace one of the distributions with mint 5 fluxbox. Any help much appreciated.
xnostradamusx
Level 3
Level 3

Post by xnostradamusx »

@azurehi try follow what i suggested in this thread

http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 26#p108726

good luck
~cheers~

xnostradamusx
mikegahan
Level 1
Level 1

Post by mikegahan »

I have had good experiences with it. i was having problems playing Falsh with the main version of Mint 5, so i moved onto Fluxbox and everything worked out of the box. Do not forget that you can speed up firefox response times by installing the Fasterfox add on.

Return to “Others”