How do I make icons on desktop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blub

How do I make icons on desktop

Post by blub »

How do I make icons, files, launchers, etc. show up on the desktop?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rbanavara

Re: How do I make icons on desktop

Post by rbanavara »

If you are refering to creating a new launcher, you can right click on desktop & use the "create a new launcher" option.

But if you are referring to hide / unhide the desktop icons, I am not sure on this. Probably some settings in control center.
Paul_Vandenberg
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Paul_Vandenberg »

I think for the latter, you can use mintDesktop under Preferences.

Paul
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

blub wrote:How do I make icons, files, launchers, etc. show up on the desktop?
Your question could mean 2 things...

- Do you want the contents of your Desktop folder to be displayed on the desktop like in XFCE, KDE n Gnome? There are ways to do this using a file manager like nautilus... but I wouldn't recommend it because when you right click on the desktop, you will get the right click menu of the file manager and not the fluxbox menu. In short it hijacks your desktop.

- If you want some specific icons on your Desktop, you can use idesk. You will have to create the icons yourself...

Read an earlier post I made... hopefully if will be helpful to you. Here it is http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... 48#p108634

Return to “Software & Applications”