[SOLVED]Help needed with Avant window manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

[SOLVED]Help needed with Avant window manager

Post by solar1951 »

My mother-in-law has managed to delete her taskbar on her Zorin installation and I have been trying at a distance (I'm in France she's in UK) to get it back for her as now she has no way to access the menu etc.
I understand that Zorin uses Avant Window manager so I have been searching for that but no help. I need to be able to communicate either keystokes or mouse gestures over the phone to her so that her computer becomes usable again.
Any one any ideas ?
Someone popped round to her house and sorted it !
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Help needed with Avant window manager

Post by Hoser Rob »

I'm assuming you mean panel when you say taskbar. I looked at their user forum. It looks useless, frankly.

I've never used a DE where you could delete a panel and get it back without having to create it again. I'd try right clicking on the desktop and looking for a setting for the desktop.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Software & Applications”