MDM doesn't load Desktop only black screen after login and mouse

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zombie97

MDM doesn't load Desktop only black screen after login and mouse

Post by zombie97 »

Hi, yesterday I was working with my Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-37-generic x86_64) and I tried to select a different theme, icons. Now when I power on the computer appears a GUI (mdm) and when I log into the system, appear only a black screen and the mouse but it never loads the desktop.. I ran the command "cat /etc/X11/default-display-manager" and the result is: "/usr/sbin/mdm". Now I can only after the black screen type CTRL+ALT+F1 and I have access to the terminal. There is a way to reset the Display Manager or to solve this issue? I already did tried to run "sudo apt-get install cinnamon" but appear errors like "the following packages have unmet dependencies: cinnamon : Depends> cinnamon-session (>= 2.4.0) but it is not going to be installed, libimobiledevice6: depends: libplist 3 (>= 1.11) but it is not going to be installed, libusbmuxd4 : Depends: libplist3 (>= 1.11) but it is not going to be installed, usbmuxd : Depends: libplist3 (>= 1.11) but it is not going to be installed. Please help in order to get my Graphical Interface back again.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”