Alternate workspace switcher for LM18.2

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dencassmint
Level 1
Level 1

Alternate workspace switcher for LM18.2

Post by dencassmint »

Would anyone know if there is a way of switching workspaces by holding CTRL key and pressing F1, F2, F3 etc like the old days. I can't get used to having the mouse pointer going to hot corners to make the switch, and it's confusing when the mouse touches a corner by mistake. It seemed easier 5 years ago...maybe there's a different manager available. cheers, Denis
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MintBean

Re: Alternate workspace switcher for LM18.2

Post by MintBean »

CTRL+left/right arrow switches workspaces. Alternatively, under 'keyboard' in settings you can define keys to your liking.
rjsrjs

Post by rjsrjs »

On my Lenovo with Mint 19.1, pressing crtl+alt+left/right arrow buttons does the work space switching.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

To add to previous replies - you can add the workspace switcher applet to your panel and/or set workspace direct navigation shortcuts in the keyboard settings module

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Software & Applications”