[Solved]LXDE session not apperaing in login menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xillmisa

[Solved]LXDE session not apperaing in login menu

Post by xillmisa »

Hello there :wink: , i was about to install LXDE in Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce editon x86, after install... I logged out then i rebooted then i clicked Xfce icon on login box, then LXDE session is not appearing, only Xfce and MATE session... I used following command to install LXDE

Code: Select all

sudo -s
apt-get install lxde -y
So, what i did wrong installing LXDE on Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce x86? Should i use Syntapic package manager than command line window? Thanks for advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: LXDE session not apperaing in login menu

Post by Hoser Rob »

Your system was probably half buggered up by having both Xfce and Mate, and installing LXDE may have finished the job. The best thing you could do in the long run is do a backup and clean reinstall with ONE DE.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
xillmisa

Re: LXDE session not apperaing in login menu

Post by xillmisa »

Hoser Rob wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am Your system was probably half buggered up by having both Xfce and Mate, and installing LXDE may have finished the job. The best thing you could do in the long run is do a backup and clean reinstall with ONE DE.
Thanks! :) but... i removed MATE instead...

Return to “Software & Applications”