Black screen on boot after installing bspwm, need help getting back to Cinnamon

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adneja

Black screen on boot after installing bspwm, need help getting back to Cinnamon

Post by adneja »

I installed bspwm and logged out, changed my desktop environment from Cinnamon to bspwm in the dropdown next to the password input and logged back in. This worked ok, but I didn't know any of the keyboard shortcuts in bspwm so I restarted my computer, which I thought would bring me back to Cinnamon, but instead I just got a black screen. I have tried rebooting a couple of times, holding shift to bring up the grub menu, but with no luck.

How do I get back to Cinnamon and uninstall bspwm? I am now on a live usb and have mounted my Linux Mint drive. Now I want to uninstall bspwm and make the necessary configurations to bring me back into Cinnamon, but I'm not sure how. It might be worth mentioning that I have auto-login enabled which could be the reason I can't get to the login page and change back to Cinnamon. Not sure what to do from here, any help is appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”