how to make linux mint run only one gui program as startup

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
behruzMo

how to make linux mint run only one gui program as startup

Post by behruzMo »

Hi.
I wrote a program with pyqt i want my os to be turn key.When the system runs only shows my logo and doesn't go to common desktop and just run my QApplication as only program in start up.I've tried

Code: Select all

startx mypro
but it's not full screen.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: how to make linux mint run only one gui program as startup

Post by gm10 »

It's your program, your code controls the window state, there is no window manager to do it for you.
behruzMo

Post by behruzMo »

I don't want the user see os aspect and desktop
gm10

Post by gm10 »

I understood that part, and that's fine, there's no need to run a desktop, I'm just telling you that the window controls require a window manager, and since you are not starting one your code needs to handle the startup window size/state on its own, see the Qt documentation.
behruzMo

Post by behruzMo »

Actually when i run my program in tty0 it works but user interface doesn't show.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Might is be something simple like Linux remembering the last state the program was in. I have an app in Base that is configured to open in a window in a particular location on the screen. If I edit it or do something to show full screen and forget to restore the window it does all sorts of strange things, (i.e. tries to show the window of the right size but in full screen - IOW it does not work!!!). Try exiting the program whilst in Full screen and starting form scratch again.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Software & Applications”