How to remove Twister UI?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MxO2204
Level 1
Level 1

How to remove Twister UI?

Post by MxO2204 »

Hi,
I have installed the Twister UI. Any idea, how this can be removed?

Thanks and best regards
-Peter
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: How to remove Twister UI?

Post by Moonstone Man »

MxO2204 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 am I have installed the Twister UI. Any idea, how this can be removed?
From the Twister OS pages:
Questions? Reach out to us on our Discord server, or send us an e-mail!
That should be your first port off call. However from perusing the installation instructions very quickly, the thing seems to install in user-land, so you can try creating a new account with root privilege (Administrator) and see if it shows up there. If it doesn't then you have a solution. If it does, you still have a solution; backup your important files, verify the backup and clean install. The third solution is to restore from a timeshift snapshot, but that is pointless if it installs in user-land, so you need to test the new account approach first. A timeshift snapshot restore should save your bacon if it actually installs in some place other than under your own account home directory.
MxO2204
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MxO2204 »

Hello again,
thanks for the quick response. Creating a new (admin) user did the trick :-)

Best regards
-Peter
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Moonstone Man »

MxO2204 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:11 am thanks for the quick response. Creating a new (admin) user did the trick :-)
With my compliments.

Return to “Software & Applications”