- (2.11) - This update adds wallpapers for widescreen monitors and a SLiM theme for widescreen monitors.
- (2.12) - This update changes the default "Desktop" icon and removes the system sounds.
- (2.11) - This update removes mplayer as a dependency, eliminates a configuration file redundancy, and has the correct commands set to automatically launch Decibel or Totem when you insert a CD or DVD respectively. I'm not sure if the settings to launch Decibel and Totem will be updated in installed systems, but this is necessary for the final release as it definitely applies to newly installed systems.
- (2.12) - This update removes the system sound command from the Fluxbox startup script.
- (2.13) - This update makes OpenOffice use the default GTK theme and changes a couple of commands.
- (0.20) - This update reflects the app and menu changes in the livecd environment, and now looks for ubiquity to make it's changes. Nobody should have any reason to download this, as it's only present in the live environment, is removed by ubiquity, and does absolutely nothing in an installed system.
- (0.21) - Adds "Asunder CD Ripper" to live CD menu.
- (0.6) - This update adds zenity and acpi as dependencies.
- (0.7) - This update adds dummy scripts for skl and sms into /etc/skel so there are no errors on Fluxbox startup.
- (0.8 ) - Removes a few nonworking keyboard layouts from Simple Keyboard.
- (2.10) - This update moves the Fluxbox submenu into the System submenu and prevents GNOME-MPlayer from showing up in the menu. After installing this update, in order to shutdown you will need to log out and hold F6 button, or shutdown from the command line (sudo shutdown -P now). This should only happen once and the system will return to normal the next time you start it. What happens here is replacing mint-fm2 kills the upstart process that reads the shutdown triggers.
- (2.11) - This updates corrects a few translations and removes references to the system sounds. Like the previous update, installing it will break the shutdown dialog until you restart the computer. Please restart by opening a terminal and typing "sudo shutdown -r now" or shutdown by typing "sudo shutdown -P now".
- (8.0.5) - This update corrects the path for any system links to the "What's New" page.
- (1.00-2mint1) - This update preloads the Audio CD module in decibel so that when you launch it, it defaults to the CD drive instead of defaulting nowhere.
- (1.03-1mint1) - This update adds support for playing all music within a directory, including music in it's subdirectories
- (0.1.1-2mint3) - Clerical update, no functional differences.
- (0.1.1-2mint4) - mintfb-randr now stores actual screen resolution for recall at Fluxbox startup instead of a line reference. This is due to some machines having different xrandr output than others.
- (1.3.1-0mint17) - This update adds support for setting up automatic login and theme switching. Both options will show up in your System -> Preferences submenu. Canceling or saving no name in the automatic login dialog box will store no user to be automatically logged in.
Other notes: after installing the above updates it's a very good idea to remove mplayer. It's a redundancy in the system and it's presence can cause some bugs, especially dealing with CD playback. Open a terminal and type the following command:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get purge mplayer
Also, there is no default application for ripping audio CD's. This is a complete oversight on my part. I messed with a couple of them and I like asunder for it's size and it's ease of use. In order to rip to MP3 format, you'll also need to install lame. Open a terminal at type:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install asunder lame
- (0.2.0-0mint3) - This is now in the helena-fluxbox repository and it will be included in the final release. This plugin makes it WAY easier to share folders in Thunar as opposed to going through the "System -> System Tools -> Shared Folders" application. Right click a folder, click preferences, and there will be a "Share" tab to work with. To install either reload Synaptic and search for it, or open a terminal and type:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install thunar-shares-plugin