mouse click behaving funny

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shengchieh

mouse click behaving funny

Post by shengchieh »

I recently installed L.M> Fluxbox 9 to get my printer working (working fine) and added a bunch of softwares. lately, the mouse clicking is behaving
funny. If I am in leafpad or mousepad, I get nothing when I click "file", edit""search", options", or "help". When I am in thunar or pcmanfm file managers
and I right-click a file, I get nothing instead of a window (open, ..., cut, copy, delete, ..., properties). I know I do not have a hardware problem since I
tried two different mouses and one works on the laptop just fine. I suspect this problem started when I installed stuffs. I last installed bluefish, mousepad,
gnuplot and pcmanfm. I get the same problem with synaptic. Once in awhile when I start synaptic, I see another window which says

Could not grab your keyboard.
A malicious client may be eavesdropping on your session or you may have just clicked a menu or some application just decided to get focus.
Try again.

I try again and it works fine, but then I can't click the toolbar (as with leafpad or mousepad).

What is happening? Do I need to reinstall?

Sheng-Chieh

p.s. Works fine with firefox.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: mouse click behaving funny

Post by viking777 »

If you googled the error message you would have got many results of which this is only one:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... &sk=t&sd=a
shengchieh

Re: mouse click behaving funny

Post by shengchieh »

The techniques mentioned the above link works fine for linux mint GNOME, but not for linux mint fluxbox. However, note the mouse works fine when you
boot. After you mess around, the desktop loses its setting. So the trick is to restart fluxbox, i.e.,

menu -> system tools -> fluxbox -> restart fluxbox

Sheng-Chieh

Return to “Software & Applications”