(SOLVED)After install Isadora reverts to standard fluxbox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxUser531700

(SOLVED)After install Isadora reverts to standard fluxbox

Post by LinuxUser531700 »

I'm not sure what happened and I've tried searching Google for an answer. After I installed Linux Mint 9, Isadora Fluxbox on my Gateway Laptop, the 'Minty' look and feel disappeared. Now everything looks like a plain/standard Fluxbox installation.

What do I check? How do I get it back? I want it look and act exactly as it did when I ran it from the live CD.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: After install Isadora reverts to standard fluxbox

Post by nunol »

It should look and act exactly as from the live CD. Did you retry the installation?
LinuxUser531700

Yes I did retry the installation. Nothing changed. I have a /home partition and I think it saved the settings somewhere after the initial installation. It is still the standard fluxbox.....and I want the Linux Mint Fluxbox look!
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Not sure how to help you on this but there is a thread about a similar problem, LM9 Fluxbox RC - menu problems: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=52585

Does that thread solve your problem?

Other information on the links below:

Fixing Mint 9 Fluxbox Menus:
http://pastelinux.com/fixing-mint-fluxbox-9-menus/

Mint-FM2 v3.xx - Documentation:
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/96
LinuxUser531700

Thanks for your help, the information I read in your links didn't fix my problems but led me down another road to consider.

As I mentioned earlier, on my hard drive I have a seperate partition for/home. The actual operating system, I normally install on a seperate partion under /. It makes it very easy and convenient to install a new operating system or upgrade without affecting my personal files. My thought was, because I had Ubuntu installed prior, that possible in the /home partion there were configuration files that were conflicting with the new install.

I think I guessed right, because I moved all my personal files to a flash drive, formatted both partitions (/ & /home) reinstalled Isadora and all is good! I put back my personal files to the /home partition.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: (SOLVED)After install Isadora reverts to standard fluxbo

Post by nunol »

It's good to know it's working.

Cheers.

Return to “Software & Applications”