Quick Launch

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
big_dog1968
Level 4
Level 4

Quick Launch

Post by big_dog1968 »

In the previous editions, I could create a shortcut on the desktop, and then add it to the quick launch section of the bottom panel (or task bar or whatever it's called). I could also drag something from the menu to the task bar, or create a desktop shortcut from something on the menu. I don't know how to do any of this on G3. Can someone tell me how? Right clicking on the task bar does not bring up any menus or settings. Desktop is pretty, but frustrating so far, especially for a less experienced user like me. Any help appreciated.

Also, I am running this on an old laptop (celeron, integrated graphics, 3 gigs mem). Does Gnome detect the system's muscle and adjust or turn off special effects automatically? If not, where can I do this for myself.

Can the top tool bar be put into an "autohide" modes so it gets out of the way of windows that have been maximized?

Thank you.

bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Quick Launch

Post by bimsebasse »

quick launch: https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/ ... favorites/ (site only works with Firefox)

top panel autohide: see 2c in this thread
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!

Return to “Others”