Easy to disable this MGSE and MATE things?

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Angtagapagligt
Level 4
Level 4

Easy to disable this MGSE and MATE things?

Post by Angtagapagligt » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:03 am

Hey everybody,

is it easy to disable this MGSE and MATE things? I want to have the "pure" Gnome 3 feeling and want to know if I have to configure this stuff 3 hours or just have to set a few options to "false"? I want to give Linux MInt 12 a try on my productivity system (which runs LM9 yet :/ :)).

Angtagapagligt
"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect."
  • - Linus Torvalds Interview with David Diamond, September the 28th 2003

karashata
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Easy to disable this MGSE and MATE things?

Post by karashata » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 pm

You can easily get a pure GNOME 3 experience by launching Advanced Settings, going to the Shell Extensions section, and switching all of the extensions to "Off". You may need to force a Shell restart by hitting Alt+F2 and typing 'r', then hitting the Enter key, to force some of the extensions to be disabled. After that you should be using the default GNOME 3 look and feel.
Linux Mint user since 2010, fluffy dragon forever!
Registered Linux User #473695

Angtagapagligt
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Easy to disable this MGSE and MATE things?

Post by Angtagapagligt » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:14 am

Angtagapagligt wrote:Hey everybody,

is it easy to disable this MGSE and MATE things? I want to have the "pure" Gnome 3 feeling and want to know if I have to configure this stuff 3 hours or just have to set a few options to "false"? I want to give Linux MInt 12 a try on my productivity system (which runs LM9 yet :/ :)).

Angtagapagligt
Cooool sound quite easy - thanks!
"Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect."
  • - Linus Torvalds Interview with David Diamond, September the 28th 2003

Return to “Others”