Classic v Classic (No Effects)

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
tacoz
Level 3
Level 3

Classic v Classic (No Effects)

Post by tacoz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:42 am

On session login if I select either of those options I don't seem to see what the difference is. Window and panel appearance wise, they look the pretty much the same. If I select Gnome then there are some window decoration settings applied.
I can appreaciate what 'No Effects' should do but with the 'Classic' option I would have expected to see some window decorations.
How does one configure 'Classic' to at least have shadow borders on the windows?
Thanks!

tacoz
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Classic v Classic (No Effects)

Post by tacoz » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:28 pm

OK the solution seems simply to auto-start compiz on the Classic option--geezz... G3 and compiz... who knew?
Also... I discovered purely by chance that Alt+right-click on the panels exposes properties and moving or adding of items.
However once compiz initialised, some keyboard combinations that were working suddenly didn't. But again, coincidently I discovered that adding super+ (Win key) to any key combo that wasn’t working, made it active again. The only exception has been the run command, Alt+F2... but the fix was simply to add that launcher item to the panel.
Bottom line... is that the desktop kinda looks like and behaves like what Mint 11 was like, only better! I kinda prefer that to the Cinnamon session.
Schweet!

Return to “Others”