Questions about cabled networking
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
aapiethaaap
Level 2
Level 2

Wired connection Problems

Post by aapiethaaap » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:28 pm

Hello i am aapiethaaap and i am new to mint linux but have used ubuntu for a week before it kild itself and i switched back to windows.

Now i used a live cd on my gaming rig to test and instal mint linux, but it didnt ahve internet on teh live cd and because of some vista bootmanager problems that will force me to reinstal grub again i havent tested it in installed mode.

After that i installed it on my dell c600 laptop that i have, installation went good but again no internet connection.
When i go to network manager i has an dhcp eth0 configured but what to do with it, i dont know. Maybe it was teh internal network card that was the problem. So i used a pcmcia wired card to test it and a wireless card (wich didnt get detected) the network manager made an eth1 config for the pcmcia card but stil no connection.

Now i have been searching the forums and i think i have found the solution, I should deinstal the mint linux internet configurators and just use the one from ubuntu since i never had ubuntu problems.

Now will that be a good idea and how do i deinstal the package? ty for your help.

aapiethaaap
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aapiethaaap » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:44 am

oke i have now removed the network manager, there are still no changes and i am wondering if i did it right since when i try to configure it all still looks the same. Can't anybody give me a push in the right direction?

aapiethaaap
Level 2
Level 2

Post by aapiethaaap » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:48 am

lol, after ******* around for alot of hours.

Apparently my ethernet cable wasnt connected to the modem lol
Last edited by Oscar799 on Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offensive language removed

Return to “Ethernet”