I don't get any ip from router in live cd so i can't install

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lakanman

I don't get any ip from router in live cd so i can't install

Post by Lakanman »

I use a machine with Windows 7 Ultimate who share the internet connection to all in my home network including some iPhones, PC's (Win 7 home), XBOX 1, Playstation 3 and i get ip from the server with no problem.

When i boot into live I see that the network trying to connect: "Connecting 1000mbit" but i don't get any ip and no internet. :(

Maybe Linux Mint have problems with my network card which is: Intel I217-V.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Laurent85
Level 17
Level 17

Re: I don't get any ip from router in live cd so i can't ins

Post by Laurent85 »

Can you open a terminal then post back command results

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
nm-tool
You might have to save results to a text file using paste since you have no active internet connection. Copy the file to a thumb drive.
Lakanman

Re: I don't get any ip from router in live cd so i can't ins

Post by Lakanman »

Laurent85 wrote:Can you open a terminal then post back command results

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
nm-tool
You might have to save results to a text file using paste since you have no active internet connection. Copy the file to a thumb drive.
I installed it without Internet and didn't get any ip as usual. Then i went to bed and woke up today and booted my computer and it worked! But now it only work for a couple of minutes at the time then i got like timeout for some minutes and it works again. It goes around like that.

Return to “Networking”