(?) 'Unable to mount location' (?)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Captive

(?) 'Unable to mount location' (?)

Post by Captive »

18.1 -> Desktop -> Network -> Windows Network -> Windows('Unable to mount location ('Failed to retrieve share list from server: No such file or directory')')
Windows 10 Pro -> Network Defaults, Has Username and Password.

Any recommendations? Please keep it click by click

Note I would like to donate $10-$100/Month to this cause But I am getting out of hospital,with cancer (Basically) and am only just going to be starting to get back into work in a few weeks, or try to. I used to run a web dev biz, did some helpdesk, did export lists in spreadsheets.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: (?) 'Unable to mount location' (?)

Post by altair4 »

Since you are using Windows 10 you have a choice:

[1] The old way:

** Edit smb.conf as root:

Code: Select all

gksu xed /etc/samba/smb.conf
** Find the line workgroup = WORKGROUP towards the top of the file and right under it add another line:

name resolve order = bcast host lmhosts wins
** Save smb.conf
** Restart samba in this order:

sudo service smbd restart

sudo service nmbd restart
[2] The new way

Win10, Linux, mDNS, and Samba File Sharing [Part 2]: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=199907#p1038682

One method does not interfere with the other so you can use both.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
Captive

Re: (?) 'Unable to mount location' (?)

Post by Captive »

Can this be done as a script or batch patch like *.bat?
Would it be good for every day users to have *.bat scripts to solve issues? MS Did it for a reason didn't they?

Will post *.bat in main section because may be useful

Return to “Networking”