Internet Connection Disconnected

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
diedo

Internet Connection Disconnected

Post by diedo »

Hello All I'm facing a really big anyoing trouble and weird :cry:

when i start the live DVD the the NetowrkManager shows that my connection disconnected in the main time the router working and the Ethernet connector plugged correctly

more details :

1- First My Machine is Dell Inspiron 1300 With Broadcom Ethernet Card
2- the Driver For my Broadcom Ethernet Completely installed and all of it's kernel modules are loaded
3- when i plugged my cable through another router the connection was detected and worked perfectly
4 - my router is called EncoreDSL with 4 ports
5 - The router that worked with me was speed touch

THE WHOLE THING IS I CAN"T CONNECT TO MY WEIRD DSL CONNECTION THROUGH MY ROUTER :cry:

POSTED : i have anothor linux distro installed FEDORA 10

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
diedo

Re: Internet Connection Disconnected

Post by diedo »

any onw would answer my thread ? :(
rossnixon

Post by rossnixon »

Maybe login to your EncoreDSL and see if it has addresses of a DNS server.
If blank, I recommend OpenDNS, addresses 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222
Then restart your computer, or maybe just right-click the double-blue icon in your system tray, untick enable networking, wait a few seconds then enable it again.
diedo

Post by diedo »

rossnixon wrote:Maybe login to your EncoreDSL and see if it has addresses of a DNS server.
If blank, I recommend OpenDNS, addresses 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222
Then restart your computer, or maybe just right-click the double-blue icon in your system tray, untick enable networking, wait a few seconds then enable it again.

I can't even Open My modem interface

any other advice

Return to “Networking”