Network connection turns off

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxMintNorge

Network connection turns off

Post by LinuxMintNorge »

Network connection, which has occasionally tended to shut down!

Network connection turns off and you must turn it on manually! Many times it turns off and after a few seconds it turns itself on automatically!

Its is bug?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Network connection turns off

Post by BG405 »

WiFi or Ethernet? Or both? WiFi issues can be due to interference from nearby networks on the same or similar channels. I have regular drop-outs on WiFi at home sometimes, other times it works fine for weeks, for this reason.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
LinuxMintNorge

Post by LinuxMintNorge »

If I turn off and on the web via network once on the taskbar, so I do not get this problem before I log out and back on the desktop.
Azvareth

Post by Azvareth »

I can't help you to solve it, but I have the same problem. and perhaps this link may provide you with a hint to what is going on and why?

For me

It started with that some sites where unnaccesible and some not, like google and youtube always working and other sites did not.

The error was similar (almost excact) to what is described here http://www.hecticgeek.com/2017/04/ubunt ... ns-issues/ and did show up after some of the latest updates.

I applied the fix described at the link above and then started to get random closed connections which could only be resolved by restarting the computer or use the systray ethernet connection icon: disconnect <-> connect.

However I have experienced fewer connection dropouts as time goes by (and more updates has been installed).
LinuxMintNorge

Post by LinuxMintNorge »

Thanks for the info

Return to “Networking”