Mint 18.2 - Sonya Network problem

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Livre

Mint 18.2 - Sonya Network problem

Post by Livre »

We need help please.
We are newcomers to Linux Mint and computer laymen, we researched a lot on the subject but we could not solve the following problem:
When suspend / hibernate and restart the ethernet network does not connect to the PC.
The message "connecting" appears but does not end, necessary to disconnect / connect.
We have installed Windows in dual boot in which the restart of the network works normal.
Thank you very much for some technical information to have the system working properly.

Mint 18.2 - Sonya
Network data for information:

description: Ethernet interface
product: RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller
vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
logical name: enp2s0
version: 05
serial: bc:5f:f4:23:1b:e3
size: 100Mbit/s
capacity: 100Mbit/s
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=2.3LK-NAPI duplex=full firmware=rtl_nic/rtl8105e-1.fw ip=192.168.0.2 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes port=MII speed=100Mbit/s
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Mint 18.2 - Sonya Network problem

Post by kc1di »

Hello Livre and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,

Try this right click on the network manager in the system panel. Then select edit connections and selet wired connection Then edit, got to IPv6 tab and in the method box click down arrow then select ignore the save the logout and back in and see if it will now connect.
good luck.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
Livre

Post by Livre »

Thank you very much. Unfortunately there was no success. Maybe I have to replace the network card.
TurboTippy

Post by TurboTippy »

I have the same problem. It happens if I load Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, also happens in 17.04 and occurs in Linux Mint 18.2.
After suspending, on occasion, not all the time (it was worse in Ubuntu) the network doesn't resume. I am running a Realtech r8169.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

open the terminal and type

Code: Select all

ping -c 10 www.google.com
WAIT until it's done. (does it 10 times)
and when it is done post the output

Return to “Networking”