My Ethernet card is ok but I can not connect to the web

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
roberspierre

My Ethernet card is ok but I can not connect to the web

Post by roberspierre »

I ran a mint 17 machine but today after booting I found that even though my card is ok I can not navigate using any browser. My computer is part of a office network that use a transparent proxy for local dns and outside connection. The proxy runs Clear OS. The first thing I checked was if my card was running and it was I had an assigned ip and could ping everybody on the local network. However, I could not ping anyone a outside our network (8.8.8.8). So I investigate if I had any restriction on the proxy which came negative. To discard a problem with the proxy I installed a phone as WiFi router to see in I could acces the web, but even though the WiFi connection was ok I still can not navigate. I would appreciate any comments to have to troubleshoot this problem
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WharfRat

Re: My Ethernet card is ok but I can not connect to the web

Post by WharfRat »

Hello roberspierre Image

Welcome to Linux Mint and the Linux Mint forum :)

See if echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" |sudo tee -a /etc/resolv.conf changes that situation.

Return to “Networking”