Accessing certain Windows servers with firefox(solved I hope)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tomgin5
Level 6
Level 6

Accessing certain Windows servers with firefox(solved I hope)

Post by Tomgin5 »

I was at a client's site today with a Dell Latitude e6220 running LM 18.2 then LM 18.3 Cinnamon 64. At his site we could connect to the internet through his cable router. We attempted to establish contact to 2 other sites where he was able to log in with ID and Passwords with his windows machines but the sites, after logging in with ID and passwords refused further connections unless we were using Internet Explorer. The info on those sites (law books regarding taxes) needed to be in the laptop. We wound up downloading on a windows machine then transferring the files to the laptop via a 128GB flash drive. Any ideas on how to connect directly? With Firefox?
We were having a similar problem connecting to his e-mail on his Windows server. It would not recognise his passwords from the laptop but does from the 4 windows machines in his office.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Accessing certain Windows servers with firefox

Post by jimallyn »

Install a user agent switcher in the browser. That will tell the server that it is IE running on Windows. That often works. Why on Earth would anybody limit the use of their site to those running IE? It's beyond me.

Edit: there is also this:

https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... ct/oldgrub

I think the instructions for installing VirtualBox are out of date but other than that it works fine. I installed it on my home computer just to see if it would work, then quickly uninstalled it and took a bath. :wink:
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Networking”