Linux Mint 18.3 ethernet and wifi connection not working

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Tonyevol

Linux Mint 18.3 ethernet and wifi connection not working

Post by Tonyevol »

Hello everyone, i'm a linux mint user for a long time now, and i was happy with it, until now. In the last week after messing up my system with some PPA installed, i got to format my pc again and did a clean install of Linux Mint 18.3, and now starts my problems, because both ethernet and wifi connection are not working at all. I can find my ssid network name, connect to it, but my laptop can not navigate or have any internet access at all. I've tried also to change my pci-x wifi card from an atheros ar9287 to an intel ac 7260, but nothing....I've tried to run a linux mint live cd and the problem is the same...cannot navigate at all. With Windows 10 is all ok (i've a dual boot system), with other linux live cd, like manjaro, fedora or debian is all ok, if i run ubuntu live cd i got the same problem with linux mint live cd and with linux mint 18.3 installed in my computer. Until last week was all fine, hardware is the same, so nothing changed that maybe could have done some problem....i don't know where to turn my head, because I like Mint and I would stay as long as possible with it and not switch to an other linux distro. Someone can give me any suggestion? I remember that after upgrading from Mint 17.x to 18.1 I got the same problem, and I solved it editing modprobe.d config file....this time this trick is not working at all, and I don't understand why other systems are ok while Mint 18.3 not....

Thank you in advance for your attentions and replies

Tony
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kukamuumuka

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 ethernet and wifi connection not working

Post by kukamuumuka »

What tells a terminal-command inxi -Nn ?
Tonyevol

Post by Tonyevol »

This is the output
mint18.3.png
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Tonyevol wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 pm This is the output

mint18.3.png
Could you place that output as text inside [code]output here[/code], so that it would be easier to diagnose?
Tonyevol

Post by Tonyevol »

Code: Select all

Network:   Card-1: Broadcom NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe driver: tg3
           IF: enp1s0 state: down mac: 1c:75:08:f6:41:dc
           Card-2: Intel Wireless 7260 driver: iwlwifi
           IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: 7c:5c:f8:d3:61:fc
This morning i'm testing laptop with a different router, and it seems working good....at the moment I don't know why unlit last week it was working with my router and now not. Router is a TP-LINK TL-MR6400 it was working with linux mint from version 17.1 to 18.3
Now i'm testing a TP-LINK TL-MR3020 and it's working......

Return to “Networking”