Port forwarding Issues

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
captcharis

Port forwarding Issues

Post by captcharis »

Hello everybody

I need a little help with port forwarding.
I open a port in my router lets say 62615.
I check it throw page canyouseeme.org and shows to be close but same time port 22 shows to be open.
I change with another port lets say 8015 and again is closed but port 22 is open.
In case I will close the above ports, also port 22 shows closed.
Conclusion: Whatever port I open, only port 22 is appear to be open.
I repeat all the process and change also in sshd_config file the port number with same results.
Do anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Port forwarding Issues

Post by catweazel »

captcharis wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:27 am Do anybody knows what I'm doing wrong?
You might consider posting more information, such as the commands you're issuing and how you are determining what ports are open or closed. As it is, your description isn't really helpful.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
captcharis

Re: Port forwarding Issues

Post by captcharis »

You might consider posting more information, such as the commands you're issuing and how you are determining what ports are open or closed
I'm not sure that, I understand what do you mean.

I just enter into my router, which is being supplied by IPS & unfortunately is running only it's own software.
I create a new port forwarding rule with port WAN port range 62615 - 62615 & LAN host port range 62615.
At first I tried without to change the below in sshd_config file.

Code: Select all

#Port 22
#AddressFamily any
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::
So the results were negative, I changed as follows

Code: Select all

#Port 62615
#AddressFamily any
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::
Results unchanged.

I checked through canyouseeme.org and the port was closed (inaccessible)
but port 22 was open.
Once I deleted port 62615 port 22 was also closed.

Return to “Networking”