I've just installed linumint 18.3 xfce on a netbook that I use at work, dual boot with Windows 7.
I've installed the os at home on the weekend and it connected correctly to the internet, both ethernet and wifi.
Today I took it to the office and found that web broswers cannot show any site on internet. Neither firefox nor palemoon.
The really strange thing is that syncing tools like dropbox and megasync can acces internet and sync correctly (or so i think, no error message).
But the browsers can't show anything.
I was expecting some trouble with printer, scanners and samba networking, but this browsing issue kicked me off and had to use Windows, which has no trouble with the internet.
What could be happening?
Fortunately, there is no proxy now. There was one last year, so I had to learn how to set the browser's network setting in order to access the web (no way to update or install any package via proxy, though). But now there is no proxy.
This was a big surprise.
Here is some system info:
Code: Select all
lm@lm-Intel-powered-classmate-PC ~ $ inxi -FG System: Host: lm-Intel-powered-classmate-PC Kernel: 4.13.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia Machine: Mobo: Intel model: Intel powered classmate PC v: Clamshell Bios: Phoenix v: SPCDV10L.91A.0044.2012.0726.1904 date: 07/26/2012 CPU: Dual core Intel Atom N2600 (-HT-MCP-) cache: 512 KB clock speeds: max: 1600 MHz 1: 988 MHz 2: 908 MHz 3: 1260 MHz 4: 1388 MHz Graphics: Card: Intel Atom Processor D2xxx/N2xxx Integrated Graphics Controller Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: firstname.lastname@example.org GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 4.0, 128 bits) GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.0.7 Audio: Card Intel NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.13.0-38-generic Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller driver: r8169 IF: enp1s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: ec:a8:6b:11:b8:38 Card-2: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter driver: rtl8192ce IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: 6c:71:d9:45:06:27 Drives: HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (14.7% used) ID-1: /dev/sda model: CSD_T01BD320_4L0 size: 320.1GB Partition: ID-1: / size: 18G used: 6.9G (41%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda1 ID-2: /home size: 80G used: 2.5G (4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda7 ID-3: swap-1 size: 2.15GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda5 RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 50.0C mobo: N/A Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A Info: Processes: 175 Uptime: 5 min Memory: 619.3/1977.3MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35