<SOLVED>No internet after update (both versions, Mint18 and Mint19)

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
steellinux

<SOLVED>No internet after update (both versions, Mint18 and Mint19)

Post by steellinux »

I regularly update Linux Mint. The last update killed my internet.
Was using WiFi USB adapter. The adapter was connecting to WiFi network, but without internet.
After that, I connected the computer to the router via an Ethernet cable, but it did not help.
The computer was connecting to the network, but there was no Internet.
Then I decided to upgrade Linux Mint from 18 to 19, thinking that it would help.
Linux Mint 19 64-bit Cinnamon was installed and connected to the Internet without any problems.
After that, I downloaded and installed all the updates suggested by LM19 and ........ the Internet was gone after update.
Now i have the same problem on LM19, the network is connecting, but there is no Internet.

The same situation is with another computer, Linux Mint 18 32-bit Cinnamon. Internet not working after update.

Besides this problem description I don`t know what info will help to resolve the issue.
Please let me know and I will provide additional information.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
steellinux

Re: No internet after update (both versions, Mint18 and Mint19)

Post by steellinux »

Reinstalled LM19. Do not understand what to do, so only solution is reinstall and not to update system, never. :D
And never ask for help! :lol:
Helmut
Level 4
Level 4

Re: <SOLVED>No internet after update (both versions, Mint18 and Mint19)

Post by Helmut »

Am having the same problems after updating from a few years old Mint to Mint 19. Grateful for any help!

There are numerous computers in this house, but only the updated one (Mint 19) has a WiFi problem.

I don't know what to do either, but have noticed the following:

On the old Mint after clicking on the panel applet:
Wifi - "Mode" was Infrastructure
WiFi - "Security" was WPA & WPA2 Personal.

On Mint 19 after clicking on the panel applet:
WiFi - "mode" does not have the variety "Infrastructure" any more.
WiFi - "Security" does not have "WPA & WPA2 Personal" any more.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: <SOLVED>No internet after update (both versions, Mint18 and Mint19)

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Helmut, your thread is now here.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Networking”