Slower Network Speed Problems in Linux Mint, Manjaro and other distros compared to Windows

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dark

Slower Network Speed Problems in Linux Mint, Manjaro and other distros compared to Windows

Post by dark »

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Slower Network Speed Problems in Linux Mint, Manjaro and other distros compared to Windows

Post by trytip »

i don't get it, what's the issue? no i didn't watch 2 videos that are 30 minutes long each
jofraprez
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Slower Network Speed Problems in Linux Mint, Manjaro and other distros compared to Windows

Post by jofraprez »

trytip wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am i don't get it, what's the issue? no i didn't watch 2 videos that are 30 minutes long each
Maybe you should watch the videos.
They show the "problem" of the low transfer rate of the different linux distributions compared to windows.
I've been looking for a solution to this for a long time and I still can't solve the issue.
This forum has many threads about it. An example: search.php?keywords=samba+speed+transfer
If anyone has achieved any improvement in this matter, it would be very much appreciated if could share it.
trytip
Level 14
Level 14

Post by trytip »

no thanx, sitting through 1 hour of video is too much to ask. what are you complaining about. the speed of copying files from linux to ntfs or internet speed? yes it's a well known fact that copying files is slower in linux than windows.

Return to “Networking”