Puzzling - poor Mint transfer rate through CPL modules

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marlenejo

Puzzling - poor Mint transfer rate through CPL modules

Post by marlenejo »

I have a bunch of computers in the living room and two in another room. All gigabit network. Those two are connected to the living room rooter through a TP-LINK 1Gbits CPL. They are multi-boot systems with windows 7. When I transfer a file to the living room with windows, I get 24 MB/sec as reported by windows. With Mint I get a lousy 9 MB/sec (I also have Manjaro on those 2 and it is a little bit better with 11 MB/sec). All the computers in their respective room transfer files between them at gigabits speed (93MB/sec) so it is not the motherboard network interfaces.

I am not sure where the problem lies. Is it the Linux driver which is not correct or the CPL which is optimized for Windows ??? Is there an interface setup which will be the equivalent of windows ?

ip addr :

2: enp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc fq_codel state UP group default qlen 1000
link/ether e0:d5:5e:7b:4b:4a brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.1.145/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global dynamic noprefixroute enp3s0
valid_lft 39834sec preferred_lft 39834sec
inet6 fe80::45fd:b58f:af5c:bbf7/64 scope link noprefixroute
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”