A few questions about LAN encryption .

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Spud1200

A few questions about LAN encryption .

Post by Spud1200 »

Hey and thanks for taking the time to read this and possibly give feed back if possible.

I'm wanting to know if their is any way to encrypt all LAN traffic on my network. My network is sitting behind my router connected to a switch what is unmanaged but I'm curious to know if I can set up some sort of security between systems and if possible encrypt the data between the LAN systems and router.

But .. ..

I'm running OpenVPN so would this be even possible considering I'm running a few systems directly out to the internet threw my unmanaged switch?

I know my data is encrypted from my system to the VPN provider (past the ISP) but internally is this possible to have some sort of encryption between systems?

Would this even be possible considering on my systems I'm running on average 1 (one) NIC, presuming I would run at least two and have a different kinda physical set-up .

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Networking”