Mint 19 random connection losses

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
boskobs

Mint 19 random connection losses

Post by boskobs »

Hi,
Ever since I switched to Mint 19 (about a month ago), I've been experiencing frequent networking problems.
About every fourth boot, I have no connection at all. I can't even access my router.
A reboot solves this, but that's definitely not a fix. Waiting for a while has also had the effect of restoring my connection, but take that with a grain of salt, since I only once had the patience to wait.
There are no indicators to see if connection has been lost. Everything seems fine until I actually try to do something that requires networking. Sometimes it randomly looses connection during uptime for seemingly no reason (comes back in about half a minute).
My MB is Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H, and I've manually set up the same static IP as on my previous system, and for DNS servers I use google's 8.8.8.8,8.4.4.8.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
boskobs

Re: Mint 19 random connection losses

Post by boskobs »

So, I solved it. A kernel update did the trick. I still had some issues with websites like Aliexpress being slow, and failing to oauth with facebook in 80% of the cases, but I fixed that by switching to cloudflares DNS.

Return to “Networking”