No ethernet connection on startup

Questions about Wi-Fi and other network devices, file sharing, firewalls, connection sharing etc
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
2cool4pool

No ethernet connection on startup

Post by 2cool4pool »

Hello,

When I first boot up my machine from restart the internet does not connect automatically. This is confusing to me since it is a wired connection to my modem. Once I manually click the turn on internet button it connects to my vpn and everything is ok. Also, when I look at the connections settings themselves it looks ok (it is set to connect automatically and everything). Any suggestions? I feel it is something simple I am missing.

All the best!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimbzk
Level 2
Level 2

Re: No ethernet connection on startup

Post by jimbzk »

Tell us the exact model of your motherboard. Maybe the driver is too new and it is not included yet in Linux kernels! My niece's PC (I build it..) have the same problem...i have to install the Ethernet drivers manually (Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro) every time there is a kernel update!!Is it a Gigabyte mobo?
2cool4pool

Post by 2cool4pool »

I would be very surprised if it was that issue because although the computer is new to me, it is a refurbished dell optiplex 7010 office tower that has seen some years of use before I ever got my hands on it. I do have a Nvidia 1030GT graphics card in it though. The whole system is a dual boot as well with windows on the other side, although I'm not sure that has anything to do with the issue.
jimbzk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jimbzk »

It is clearly not your mobo drivers then!!! Maybe something with your VPN settings... Did you check it? What VPN do you use?
2cool4pool

Post by 2cool4pool »

I use nordvpn, and the setting on the vpn are normal :S
jimbzk
Level 2
Level 2

Post by jimbzk »

What finally happened? Is the problem still there? Did you tried without the VPN?? You said that "the setting on the vpn are normal" but...?? Maybe these "normal" settings with NordVPN cause that problem..??

Return to “Networking”